Main Article Content
Lymphoma, B cell, diffuse large b cell, cancer
Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, leg type, is a rare variant of primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomas. It typically presents as rapidly enlarging solitary or multiple violaceous nodules on the lower extremities. Even with adequate treatment with rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone, recurrence and systemic spread is common. Timely treatment is necessary as this malignancy is associated with a more aggressive course than other variants of primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomas and overall prognosis is poor.
2. Athalye L, Nami N, Shitabata P. A rare case of primary cutaneous diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, leg type. Cutis. 2018;102(3):E31-E34.
3. Hristov AC. Primary cutaneous diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, leg type: diagnostic considerations. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2012;136(8):876-881. doi:10.5858/arpa.2012-0195-RA
4. Al-Obaidi A, Parker NA, Choucair K, Lalich D, Truong P. Primary Cutaneous Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma, Leg Type: A Case Report. Cureus. 2020;12(6). doi:10.7759/cureus.8651
5. Goyal A, LeBlanc RE, Carter JB. Cutaneous B-Cell Lymphoma. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2019;33(1):149-161. doi:10.1016/j.hoc.2018.08.006
6. Grange F, Beylot-Barry M, Courville P, et al. Primary cutaneous diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, leg type: clinicopathologic features and prognostic analysis in 60 cases. Arch Dermatol. 2007;143(9):1144-1150. doi:10.1001/archderm.143.9.1144
7. Li S, Wang Z, Lin L, et al. BCL6 Rearrangement Indicates Poor Prognosis in Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma Patients: A Meta-analysis of Cohort Studies. J Cancer. 2019;10(2):530-538. doi:10.7150/jca.25732
8. Senff NJ, Noordijk EM, Kim YH, et al. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer and International Society for Cutaneous Lymphoma consensus recommendations for the management of cutaneous B-cell lymphomas. Blood. 2008;112(5):1600-1609. doi:10.1182/blood-2008-04-152850