Main Article Content
Generalized pustular psoriasis of pregnancy, GPPP, Impetigo herpetiformis, Erythematous plaques
When dermatological eruptions present diagnostic uncertainty, there is cause for concern, especially when treating the mother of an unborn child. While cutaneous outbreaks in pregnancy can be benign, suspicious disseminating rashes should warrant further investigation. We present a case of generalized pustular psoriasis of pregnancy that manifested in an atypical fashion and could have been overlooked without the utilization of biopsy and histopathological analysis. Due to reports of unfavorable maternal-fetal outcomes, prompt evaluation and treatment is critical.
2. Vaughan Jones S, Ambros-Rudolph C, Nelson-Piercy C. Skin disease in pregnancy. BMJ. 2014;348(jun03 3):g3489-g3489.
3. Sachdeva S. The dermatoses of pregnancy. Indian Journal of Dermatology. 2008;53(3):103.
4. Lehrhoff S, Pomeranz M. Specific dermatoses of pregnancy and their treatment. Dermatologic Therapy. 2013;26(4):274-284.
5. Lotem M, Katzenelson V, Rotem A, Hod M, Sandbank M. Impetigo herpetiformis: A variant of pustular psoriasis or a separate entity?. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 1989;20(2):338-341.
6. Oumeish O. Some aspects of impetigo herpetiformis. Archives of Dermatology. 1982;118(2):103-105.
7. Trivedi M, Vaughn A, Murase J. Pustular psoriasis of pregnancy: current perspectives. International Journal of Women's Health. 2018;Volume 10:109-115.
8. Kar S, Krishnan A, Shivkumar PV. Pregnancy and skin [published online August 28, 2012]. J Obstet Gynaecol India. 2012;62:268-275.
9. Goldberg Green M, Bragg J, Rosenman K, Keltz Pomeranz M. Pustular psoriasis of pregnancy in a patient whose dermatosis showed features of acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis. International Journal of Dermatology. 2009;48(3):299-303.
10. Mansouri B, Benjegerdes K, Hyde K, Kivelevitch D. Pustular psoriasis: pathophysiology and current treatment perspectives. Psoriasis: Targets and Therapy. 2016;Volume 6:131-144.
11. Vena G, Cassano N, Bellia G, Colombo D. Psoriasis in pregnancy: challenges and solutions. Psoriasis: Targets and Therapy. 2015;:83.
12. Flynn A, Burke N, Byrne B, Gleeson N, Wynne B, Barnes L. Two case reports of generalized pustular psoriasis of pregnancy: Different outcomes. Obstetric Medicine. 2016;9(2):55-59.